Healthy Air Campaign
Poor air quality, inconsiderate and illegal parking and congestion damage our children's lungs and lives.
Children's organs are being damaged by exposure to toxic air caused primarily by motor traffic, unironically the majority of traffic around schools is caused by parents or carers performing the school run by car.
We call on the council to:
- Abandon its 'ambassadorial' approach to road safety accepting that it is failing in its duty of care.
- Act to reliably enforce existing parking restrictions outside and around school grounds.
- Install air quality monitoring equipment at all school sites and publish the data publically.
- Implement school street and/or school zone schemes.
- Extend time sensitive speed restrictions to streets around all schools.
- Discourage car usage on the school run by making other modes safer and more attractive.
Sign up to this campaign online
Help spread the message
Whether you've already signed up to the campaign or aren't ready just yet, you can still help encourage other people to sign up.